Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2 weeks + 2 states = 5 lbs

So after a week in TX for work, I went on vacation for 5 days to Boston.

I know, sounds like a bad recipe for weight loss. And it was for half the time.

Texas was a disaster. I didn't gain a lot of weight, maybe 2 or 3 lbs. But I didn't work out most of the time, ate way too much Mexican food, and slept horrible hours. I also had the breakfast buffet. Oops. I had good intentions...I brought protein powders and bars, exercise clothes, and gym shoes. But it just never happened.

Then the Sunday after I got back I met with Nutritionist Dustin. My body fat was good, but the scale wasn't looking too good. We talked about more travel strategies and I went on my way, ready for another trip the following week. I was disappointed that my progress has been so slow...but I know that me + travel has been a bad situation lately.

This time for Boston, I had a mission. I again packed my protein powder, bars, and exercise gear. This time, I had massive follow through. I packed my bag daily with snacks, tried to follow the food plan to a T, and exercised 3 of 5 days. On top of the exercise, I did major walking, as me and the man are all about public transportation for $$ saving and really experiencing the city. I was really proud of my work, but nervous that I didn't do it "right."

Well yesterday I got back from Boston and this morning I checked the scale - down 5 lbs! Now granted..this makes my total loss from the two weeks only about 2 lbs...but it def means I traveled "right" this time. I know I did the best I could and am really proud of myself. The biggest challenge will be to keep this going for a while. It's hard to maintain momentum..but it must be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment