Wednesday, March 3, 2010

If at first you don't succeed...

I apologize for my hiatus on here. It hasn't been intentional or due to the fact that I haven't lost any weight yet (more on that in a minute). I truly have been busy, and haven't gotten a chance to get on here...but part of this process is to make time for yourself and what is important, so I'm back and committed to staying back.

Now - back to my progress, or lack of progress would be more accurate. My plan was to eat right FIRST and then add the workouts. Unfortunately, I weighed myself my first day back at the gym and had not lost a single pound (well maybe one, but I attributed that to clothes weight variation and/or precision of the scale -- that's the engineer in me, sorry...). So as I sat for a minute within my frustration, I realized that it didn't mean it was the end, or that I couldn't do it. I am not a fat person by nature (nor am I a skinny person, for that matter), and that alone lets me know that I can lose this weight. I probably hadn't been eating as well as I should (there was a party in my tummy! - i have a 2 year old who loves Yo Gabba Gabba so don't judge me!)

So my new approach is as follows:

I have a large water bottle (32oz) that I am committing to drinking at least 2 - 3 full bottles a day. My premise is that you fill up on liquids, you don't eat as much food.

Removing all non-water beverages from my diet (with the exception of juice for breakfast on the weekends)

Substituting white rices, pastas, potatoes, for their "diverse" counterparts!

Eliminating red meat and increasing weekly fish intake

Weigh myself every week

Workout at least 3 times per week

Keep a food diary


While this list is not inclusive, it represents the CHANGES I am making.

I am a little jealous by my blog partner's weight loss, but also motivated and proud of her! You're the best!

Next week I'll check in with my progress on those things I've listed above.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment