Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Two Week Check In

Hola folks! I had my 2 week check in with the nutritionist this past Sunday. Drum roll please......I lost 8 lbs. Wow! I was super happy with that (obviously) and at the same time kind of sad b/c i know that won't continue forever. It'll just be a short term fast lost before I settle into the program more and start losing at a more normal/reasonable rate of .5-2 lbs/week. I still have hopes of losing at least 5 more lbs before I go to Boston - putting me at around 20 lbs lost in 2010.

I like the eating program, but obviously, I'm getting annoyed with some of the foods. Mainly the granola snack. I really don't like granola, LOL. Luckily after my 2 weeks, I get to play with the food plan a little. I'm going to keep it mainly the same, but I will start subbing out the granola with one of the cracker alternates. I heart crackers :)

It's been REALLY hard to stick with the diet though. I have to eat when I don't want to and I have to eat more/less than I want to when I do. Relinquishing my desires when it comes to food is really hard. But I guess the point is that I really don't know how to eat on my own, so I need to learn. So I'm learning. And I'll have to suck it up until I do. But yeah...I've definitely wanted pizza a few times over the last few weeks. I did talk to Dustin about travel and eating different stuff. He said cheat meals are occasionally okay, but not often. So I'm trying to figure out what that means for me. I know I'm going to Texas for work again in a few weeks and Boston at the end of the month. Both of those will probably have a cheat meal, simply b/c I'm traveling and you all know how life is at airports and on the road when you are not traveling by yourself (or having your own rental car in Texas!). It's hard for other people to understand what you are doing and why and since I won't have control over where I eat for every meal (in Texas company is bringing lunch in daily, don't have my own rental so kind of at the mercy of the woman who has the car), I'm very nervous about being able to stick to the program at all. I'm just going to play it by ear I guess, bring my protein powder, and try to maintain the status quo.

What say you - what are some ideas for when you don't have control over your diet to stick to the program and maintain the status quo?

No comments:

Post a Comment